So, your water bill has doubled in the last six months? Or that nagging drip from the bathroom faucet wakes and keeps you up? Time for a leak repair. But where to begin?
According to the
- Leak detection.Some obvious areas where water leaks can occur include bathroom and kitchen sinks, exterior pipes and basement pipes. Most of these are detectable from floor puddles or stains, odors or evidence of water stains near the drains at the bases of bathtubs, bathroom sinks and toilets.
- Hidden leaks from obvious sources of water.You may notice that your monthly water bill is inexplicably higher than usual, despite no unusual water consumption or use. Check shower heads, loose faucets and disintegrating toilet flappers. If adjusting those still does not help reduce your water bill, it may be time to seek the help of a plumber to identify the causes and recommendation for leak repair.
- Pipe repairs.If you experience a leaking, cracked or compromised pipe, plumbing repair services are a must to prevent significant water damage throughout the house. If you experience a frozen pipe in severe winter conditions, for example, emergency plumbing services should be provided immediately to thwart all sorts of muck and water damage.
- If you require leak repair or pipe repair service, a plumber will usually recommend drain cleaning services, since it is not uncommon for certain leaks to be caused by shower backup or toilet backup.
- Check for other sources of leaks throughout the home.In the laundry room, check under the washer for any pooled water that may be caused by a water line leak. Is your hot water heater in need of a leak repair?
- Beware of sewage backup in the shower.A plumber should be notified if you are experiencing this, or of sewage backup in the toilet, since, beyond the odiferous and messy consequences of this, this can cause other major plumbing problems if it is not addressed immediately.
- Does your plumber offer 24/7 emergency plumbing service?Performing an emergency leak repair or other emergency procedure may be necessary – and always comes when least expected. Like when the kids are sick, it’s 10 degrees outside, and you have an important meeting at 8 am.
Whether it is a simple leak repair or an emergency pipe repair in your basement, it is best to try to detect your leak source first, and consult with your plumber to gauge the extent of services necessary for leak repair and other plumbing services. Ask if they are available for 24/7 plumbing, and perform a search engine query using such phrases as (no punctuation necessary): pipe repair service gainesville fl, or 24/7 emergency plumbing gainesville fl.