This is the time of the year when a heating and air conditioning company is its busiest. So busy, in fact, that it is often difficult to get in all of the beginning of the season maintenance checks. With a need to prioritize customers who do not have a working air conditioner, it is difficult to complete routine maintenance checks. Even a rain storm can delay these needed checks because technicians cannot be outside working on electrical units while it is raining.
Working long hours, including on weekends, is common when it comes to the beginning of both winter and summer. Licensed AC technicians in the summer, for instance, can find themselves going from one home or business to the next in an effort to get to as many clients as possible. Repairing an air conditioning unit involves a complete maintenance check and also an evaluation of what can be repaired and what needs to be replaced. A eating and air conditioning company provides many services, but if you are a customer who is in a house with no cooling, the only service you really care about is making sure that your house is comfortable again as soon as possible.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the heating and cooling industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 66% of all homes in the U.S. have air conditioners.
- 25% of a home’s heat is lost through small holes and cracks.
- Improper equipment installation could decrease a home’s cooling and heating efficiency by as much as 30%.
- Once in the spring, before the hot season, and again in the fall, before the cooler weather rolls in, efficient HVAC systems require maintenance inspections twice a year.
- As the largest energy expense for most home owners, heating and cooling account for about 48% of the energy use in a typical U.S. house.
- To achieve maximum cooling and heating efficiency, home owners should have air ducts cleaned every three to five years.
If you are in need of a heating and air conditioning company for routine maintenance at the beginning of the summer, it is important to know that you will often get priority treatment. If you are only in need or a routine maintenance check, however, you should realize that you might have to be patient while technicians work on more essential jobs first. Working with a company that will stand behind its service and our warranties is essential.