Are Your Allergies Bothering You in Your Own Home?

Duct cleaning service

When you returned from a 10 day college visit road trip with your younger daughter you were excited to get home and sleep in your own bed. After nights in hotels, bed and breakfasts, and even a dorm room, in fact, you were more than anxious to get back in your house. You were disappointed, though, that the moment you walked from the garage into the kitchen that the house had a rather musty smell. You tried not to think too much about it, but when you woke up in the middle of the night wheezing, however, you knew that you needed to get to the bottom of the problem.
You scheduled a professional duct cleaning appointment and were hopeful that you would soon find relieve from whatever it was in your home that you were apparently allergic to. Although you are the only owners of your home and you have never had any pets, you were convinced that the musty smell that you noticed after being gone for 10 days was an indication that you had some problems that needed to be taken care of.
Fortunately, after the duct cleaning team came to your house and finished their work you immediately felt better. They even took the time to recommend a couple of different kinds of attic insulation that they said would likely make you feel even better. Although your husband was hesitant at first, he was relieved that you could again sleep through the night without having any asthma related breathing problems.
Even the Most Clean Home Owners Can Benefit from Professional Duct Cleaning Services

Cleaning your dryer vent, cleaning your underground and in home air ducts can help you improve the air quality in your home. Even when you are a great housekeeper who keeps up on daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks, dust and other allergens can collect in the ducts of your home. Hiring a professional duct cleaning service, however, can take care of problems that you never even knew existed.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the benefits of hiring a professional team to come into your home and clean all of the duct work:

  • For maximum cooling and heating efficiency, homeowners should have air ducts cleaned once every three to five years.
  • Heating and cooling costs can be reduced by as much as 40% when you upgrade insulation to the highest grade available.
  • 25% of a house?s heat loss is caused by poorly insulated attics.
  • Unfortunately, dryer lint screens only catch about 25% of the lint. The remaining 75% sticks to the walls of the dryer vent, causing a fire hazard.
  • 25% to 40% of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. This is partially because contaminants build up in the HVAC system, forcing it to work harder than it needs to, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
  • Dander, dust, and chemicals are just some of the contaminants and air pollutants that are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated throughout a home as many as five to seven times every single day. Over time, this re-circulation causes a buildup in the duct work, often harming the health of people in the home.

Leave a Comment

Follow by Email