It can be challenging to make your apartment feel like home when you can only do so much with it. Many property owners won’t let their tenants paint the walls of their apartment let alone renovate.
Fortunately, there are a few ways you can give your apartment the personal touch it needs to make it feel like home.
5 Tips For Bringing (Personal) Life To Your Apartment
One of the most difficult parts of renting an apartment is not being able to decorate the way homeowners can. You may not be able to drill holes into the walls to hang shelves or mount paintings.
That being said, here are five tips to bring your personal touch to your apartment without going against property rules.
- Upgrade your lighting. Apartments are known for their unsightly overhead lighting. Consider swapping out your light fixtures for a more flattering option like sconces and floor lamps.
- Upgrade your floors with adhesives. Adhesive materials are readily available for a whole range of uses, including floors. If you hate your apartment’s kitchen floors, consider using adhesive tiles in a new and vibrant pattern to give your space some life.
- Cover your unflattering backsplash. Speaking of adhesive materials, they can also be used to cover up an unsightly backsplash in your kitchen. It can also be used to create a backsplash if your apartment is lacking one and you’d like a little more separation between your kitchen and other rooms.
- Cover old appliances. You may not be able to scrap the old appliances in your apartment, but you can give them a new face with either magnet or peel-and-stick covers that give your appliances the look of stainless steel.
- Use roller shades to your advantage. Roller shade fabric allows only 5% of light in and keeps 95% of light out, making them perfect for privacy. They also make for great alternatives to painting your walls. Roller shades come available in a variety of colors and patterns so you can change up your apartment’s color palette without completely covering the walls.
Window treatments are a great way to bring your personal touch to your apartment without planning any renovations.